Thank you very much everyone for placing me on CSM 6 and now on CSM 7 where I am currently serving as the Chairman! If you would like to contact me directly, do not hesitate to just send me an eve mail in game. Keep your eyes here and watch for new posts.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lost in EVE Debates and EVE Uni Class

Politics obviously requires lots of TV screens.
So I had a really busy weekend on the road but I still found the time to do some cool stuff on the 'campaign trail'.

Wormholes - Hell yeah!
First up was the 'Lost in EVE' debate I took part in on Saturday. This is one of the podcasts that I try to make time to listen to from time to time as it's generally entertaining and funny.  The producers do a good job of keeping you awake and I could tell that they put a lot of effort into making these debates run as smoothly as possible.

The participants for this first debate were Meissa Anunthiel,  Ripard Teg and myself.  Even though it felt like I was coming of the rails a couple times, I listened back to it and think I did pretty well. I believe I sound much better in a less formal setting but this was a fun 'debate' with lots of humor going back and forth in the group Skype chat as things progressed that helped loosen things up.  So, here's the recording for it: 


Noobs!  Hell yeah!  
Sunday night was a bit different as I was scheduled to give a class to EVE University.  For those of you that are not familiar, E-Uni does some of the most selfless stuff in EVE by taking in new players and teaching them the basics of the game. They go above and beyond even that tho and have one of the most extensive Wikis (UniWiki) of any EVE organization (it's better in many ways than EVElopedia).


Part of the services that E-Uni provides is inviting prominent figures from EVE and CCP to give guest lectures and do Q&A with the students as part of their class program. There are some really interesting things in the archive there and some of the previous guests might surprise you.  The class I was scheduled to give was titled 'Game Design in Eve: Q&A with Seleene (ex-CCP Abathur)'.

The format was rather simple - I was logged in as Seleene and invited to a moderated in game chat channel where all of the students asked questions.  Dierdra Vaal kept things running well and after a bit of a rambling intro, the questions started coming and I slipped back into the 'Army briefing mode' I long ago perfected when having to explain things to lots of people. The entire recording lasts about 1h 45m and is mostly just me repeating the questions being asked and talking a lot. However, it was a lot of fun and there is some good information about EVE, CCP and the CSM as well.


More blogging to do today so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I listened to both of them, really interesting. You came across really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Hopefully people will take the time to listen as it might save them a lot of reading! :)

    ReplyDelete